About Laguna Beach Real Estate
Laguna Beach was founded in 1887 by a group of artists and writers who were looking for a place to create and live in peace. The city quickly became a popular destination for artists and other creative types, and it has maintained its reputation as an arts community ever since. The city has a small-town feel with a population of around 23,000 people. Laguna Beach is approximately 9 square miles and is bordered by the cities of Newport Coast to the north and Dana Point to the south. It is a popular tourist destination, especially during the summer months, and attracts visitors from all over the world. The climate in Laguna Beach is classified as a Mediterranean climate, with mild, wet winters and warm, dry summers. The average temperature ranges from 65 degrees Fahrenheit in winter to 78 degrees in summer.
The real estate market in Laguna Beach is influenced by a variety of factors, including economic conditions, interest rates, and buyer demand. In recent years, there has been a trend toward more modern and sustainable homes, as well as a focus on outdoor living spaces and amenities. Overall, real estate in Laguna Beach is a luxury market with high prices and limited inventory, but it offers some of the most desirable properties and locations in Southern California. If you’d like to discuss Laguna Beach real estate, selling your Laguna Beach home or to request a private showing of Laguna Beach homes for sale, contact a Laguna Beach expert today!
Laguna Beach has over 20 beaches, each with its own unique character and amenities. Some popular ones include:
- Main Beach: This is the most well-known beach in Laguna Beach and is located in the heart of downtown. It has a boardwalk, volleyball courts, and a children's playground.
- Crescent Bay Beach: This beach is located on the northern end of Laguna Beach and is known for its stunning views of the Pacific Ocean.
- Thousand Steps Beach: Despite its name, this beach has around 200 steps to access it. It's a secluded spot with plenty of tide pools to explore.
- Aliso Creek Beach: This beach is famous as it plays host to The Vic – the annual world championship of skimboarding.
- West Street Beach: The warm vibes of this beach seem to be rooted in West Street’s progressive history. It was famously known as Laguna’s preeminent gay beach for decades and is still extremely popular within the LGBTQ community.
Laguna Beach hosts a variety of events throughout the year, ranging from arts and cultural festivals to outdoor activities and holiday celebrations. Here are some of the most popular events in Laguna Beach:
- Sawdust Art & Craft Festival: This annual festival takes place during the summer months and showcases the work of over 200 local artists. Visitors can browse and purchase unique art and crafts, watch live demonstrations, and enjoy live music and food.
- Pageant of the Masters: This iconic event has been held in Laguna Beach for over 85 years and features live re-creations of famous works of art. Each year has a different theme, and the show includes music, narration, and special effects.
- Festival of The Arts: As one of the nation’s oldest and most highly acclaimed juried fine art shows, the Laguna Beach Festival of Arts has offered a breathtaking showcase for artists and art lovers for 90 years.
- First Thursdays Art Walk: This free event takes place on the first Thursday of every month and allows visitors to explore Laguna Beach's galleries and art exhibitions. Many galleries offer complimentary wine and snacks, and visitors can meet and chat with local artists.
- Laguna Beach Music Festival: A co-presentation of Laguna Beach Live! and the Philharmonic Society of Orange County, this annual festival showcases a variety of musical genres, from classical to jazz to world music. The festival features concerts, workshops, and educational events.
- Laguna Beach Plein Air Painting Invitational: This event brings together some of the world's top plein air painters for a week-long competition and exhibition. Visitors can watch the artists paint in real-time and purchase their work.
- Kelpfest: This family-friendly event raises awareness about the importance of kelp forests in the ocean ecosystem. It includes educational exhibits, live music, and interactive activities.
- Sawdust Winter Fantasy Festival : Shop handcrafted gifts of art, and experience the Sawdust during the holidays with three entertainment stages with live entertainment, photos with Santa, winter themed art classes, glassblowing and other demonstrations, a petting zoo, puppet shows, falling snow, carolers and more.
- Laguna Art-A-Fair: Discover 125 local and national fine artists at this juried fine art festival. Listen to live music Thursday-Sunday, enjoy outdoor cuisine at Seven 7 Seven restaurant, join an art workshop or simply enjoy the artists as they create in their booths.
Laguna Beach is known for being an affluent area with a high cost of living, and this is reflected in its real estate market. Laguna Beach has a diverse range of property types, including single-family homes, condos, and townhouses. Many of the homes in Laguna Beach are custom-built and offer stunning views of the ocean. Laguna Beach is divided into several neighborhoods, each with its own unique character and amenities. Some popular neighborhoods include:
- South Laguna: This area is located on the southern end of Laguna Beach and is known for its quieter, more residential feel.
- North Laguna: This area is located on the northern end of Laguna Beach and is known for its beautiful beaches and large, luxury homes.
- Laguna Canyon: This neighborhood is located inland and is home to several parks and hiking trails.
- Laguna Village: Laguna Village is a neighborhood located in the heart of Laguna Beach.
A quick view of the most influential metrics in Laguna Beach.
Check out the hottest new listings in Laguna Beach
By The Numbers
Inside Laguna Beach
Check out the latest demographic information available for Laguna Beach.
Want the full market report for Laguna Beach?
We want to ensure that you have all the information needed to make the best decisions when it comes to your home goals. When you enter your info below you will get instant access to the area's latest market report, complete with sales and demographic trends.
Schools In The Area
Local News & Advice
Read helpful resources and articles related to the area.
South County Area Events DEC 7, 2023 – DEC 21, 2023 Brought to you by Garry Loss SUNDAY, …